Raymond S. Mey
Ray is a globally-recognized leader, teacher and consulting expert in law-enforcement, counter-terrorism and hostage rescue operations. A retired Supervisory Special Agent with the FBI, Ray’s more than thirty-five years of security and law enforcement experience includes service in National and International Special Events Management, counterterrorism operations, threat and physical security site assessments and contingency planning, US Intelligence Community, private industry interaction, conducting major criminal/intelligence investigations and operations and both providing and managing Corporate VIP and High-Profile US Government Witness Protection Security.
He is judicially recognized as an expert witness support in all matters of security to include law enforcement crisis/tactical operations and negligence cases pertaining to hotels, special events and commercial property.
Ray has routinely provided expert consultation to stadium and special event venue operations to include access control, crowd management, fan behavior, threat management and incident response contingency planning and operations.
He has routinely proven his acumen to manage complex tasks, including integration of multiple organizational components and agencies into mission specific operations. He has significant experience responding to media interviews, public speaking, congressional briefings and instructional presentations both domestically and internationally using interpreters.
It would be impossible to list all of Ray’s significant accomplishments. But highlights include:
- Counterterrorism Senior Security Advisor for the U.S. Department of State, Senegal, Africa. Coordinated Senegalese public safety agencies and infrastructure to advance Counterterrorism capabilities and enhance capacity to detect, deter, respond to and manage critical incidents
- Chief Security Officer, 2016 Copa American Centenario Soccer Tournament, United States. Responsible for the design, implementation and management of security supporting 16 National Teams competing in 10 Major Metropolitan Cities for 26 days. Responsible for security planning and operational security support to include counterterrorism, crowd control, fan behavior mitigation, access control security measures and critical threat/incident management.
- FBI Olympic Security Coordinator, 2006 Winter Olympics – Torino, IT. As official FBI Olympic representative in Torino, Italy. Responsible for official liaison and coordination of all FBI support to the Government of Italy, along with design, development and implementation of US Government Operations (75 FBI Agents deployed) in support of 2006 Winter Olympic Games Counterterrorism security, investigative response and Crisis Management on behalf of US Government.
- Responsible for strategic design, implementation, and management of US counterterrorism operations (1400 FBI personnel) supporting the 2002 Olympic Winter Games in Salt Lake City, Utah. Extensive Interagency relationship building and coordination with local, state, federal, military and private sector agencies and representatives.
- Management and coordination responsibilities for the FBI counterterrorism planning and operations supporting the 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004 and 2006 Olympic Games included extensive interaction with local state and federal public safety, US military, corporate security, private sector infrastructure representatives.